1. If 5n = 20 what does n equal?
2. If 4t + 10 = 18 what does t equal?
3. If 12b – 3 = 45 what does b equal?
4. Look at the following function machine:
IN --> x 4 --> - 2 --> OUT
For the following IN values, work out the correct OUT values:
For the following OUT values, work out the correct IN values by working backwards:
5. Write down the equation which shows how many sweets are left if you start with 25 sweets and n sweets are then taken away.
6. There are 40 books in a classroom. If n books are taken away, what is the equation which shows how many books are left?